Old 23-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Mike

Default Unruly Red Ribbons

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, "Allegra" wrote:

How's your spring coming?

My what? in Oregon? The only that has been blooming
without stop is one of the clematis and that babe is loaded.

Definitely in bloom, isn't it? I really stink at ID of plants that aren't
clearly labeled, but is that clematis montana? Well, it doesn't really
matter, does it - it's a beauty! And if it's blooming like that, I don't
care if it's sleeting and cold - you got you some spring going on up there.

I pegged the two Red Ribbons as you suggested. They look a little funny
right now - just one big cane on each bent in a hoop. I hope Cass is
correct that the rest of the canes will soon follow suit.

Now be a good man and leave them alone. No watching, no
spying, no harassing them. And no making fun of them either.

I can't promise not to spy on them. But I won't pester, plague, torment or
annoy.

I received email today from Wayside Gardens. They want to sell me roses at
75% off. $3.00 Austins. I don't have Tamora. That's your cue to badmouth
Wayside to prevent me from making a mistake. You can also remind me of the
heartbreak of RMV and the reason why I try to stick with own roots. I don't
know though. $3.00. Tamora. Help.

What is that about a fool and his money?

ooh! ooh! me! me! I know! pick me!

Now lets do some math here. A rose from Wayside $ 3.00
shipping and handling, lets go cheap, another $ 3.00 -
A good hole with plenty of amendments about 1 hour to
dig and 1/2 hour to plant, even at minimum wage it will
cost about $ 12.00 - Months and months of fertilizing,
spraying, watering and so forth $ 15.00 for one season.
Angst, frustration, waiting for Tamora and when finally
the only bloom that makes it looks like a mini and
it happens to be red with orange stripes.

AAAAGH!!! You're the devil!

O.K., just the possibility of that color combination killed the last bit of
whatever temptation I was feeling. Good job!

Of course experience, at least mine applies only to me.

Trust me. We could trade Wayside comedies for days. I suspect the
follow-ups would flood this newsgroup and render it useless. Best to not
even go there.

Alright Sneezy, you win. But don't go getting a big head about it now. It
was pretty much in the bag from the beginning. g

Mike
z8TX