Old 06-12-2006, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default what is the MOST toxic plant?

"judith lea" wrote in message
ps.com...

Martin Brown wrote:
judith lea wrote:

What about the seed of Datura, I was told to wear gloves when handling
the seed.

Overcautious. Just don't lick your fingers. The seeds make very
effective rodent bait.

I have been slightly lightheaded after transplanting a lot of datura
seedlings ...

Regards,
Martin Brown

Right, I am just off to the attics!

I think we have won with our uninvited visitors, son reported scuttling
noises so I put a couple of mouse traps up into loft and over the next 5
days got 9 longtailed field mice. Been 3 days now of no bait taken or traps
set off, so hopefully that's the lot. I may of course be left with the
smarter ones!!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk