Old 06-12-2006, 06:10 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gail Futoran[_1_] Gail Futoran[_1_] is offline

Default Attn: true rec.ponders -brief update for 12-3 -from george

[posted only to rec.ponds]
"Vorian Atreides" wrote in message
Gail Futoran wrote:
"Vorian Atreides" wrote in message
Gail Futoran wrote:
"Tristan" wrote in message
This is exactly whyt a modewrated group is bad. A person does not have
to physically have a pond to have an interest in a pond now do they,
What I wrote below was: "And your interest in ponds is...?" NOTHING
in
that statement suggests that Vorian Atreides or anyone else must have a
physical pond.

Sociophysics, and biospheres; ponds are very important in self contained
ecosystem

And the moon is a satellite of the Earth.

::sigh::

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

You asked a question I answered. I am also reading the environment groups.
Do you know why a pond is important in Biosphere?

I have no expertise in biospheres. Nor do I pretend to.

Your posting history on Google groups reveals that during the past 25 years
(Google's archives begin Jan. 1, 1981), you posted to various newsgroups
between April 17, 2005 - September 15, 2005 and between September 10, 2006 -
the present, and at no other time. Newsgroups you posted to we
rec.ponds
alt.atheism
alt.talk.creationism
Sin Mascaras
alt.gossip.celebrities
alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
news.groups
free.christians

Except for rec.ponds, none of those newsgroups has anything to do with
ponding or the ecology etc., and all of your rec.ponds posts have had to do
with the discussion to create rec.ponds.moderated.

That's why I keep advising people to check everyone's posting history. It's
painfully easy to check on someone's statements about their interests.
There is no way to check which newsgroups someone "reads" but does not post
to. Hence, you can make any assertion about your interests, but unless you
have posted, at least once, to a given newsgroup, people would have to take
your word for your interests. Since you've never posted anything specific
about ponding, I have to include you have no interest in ponding, despite
your assertion above.

That said, anyone can post their comments about a proposed
rec.ponds.moderated. If I didn't believe that strongly, I wouldn't have
bothered responding to any of your posts. I'm not interested in keeping
controversies alive, nor am I interested in engaging someone who indulges in
personal attacks, abusive language, and conspiracy theories. I am
interested in rec.ponds.moderated. Hence, I need to be involved in the
discussion, however much I would prefer to be spending my time talking about
ponds.

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003