Old 06-12-2006, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_1_] Rod[_1_] is offline

Default newbie question on spider mites

"GH" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am battling spider mites on my houseplants. For the moment they
seem
to have receded - last week I moved them out on the balcony (to
lower
temperature and extend the reproduction cycle) and sprayed twice (3
days interval) with a different systemic insecticide (imidaclopride
&
dicofol).

Ocasionally, I can still see one or two moving up or down a blade.

Can you advise me what to do to get rid of them?

Imidacloprid will almost certainly see them off, but it's systemic so
don't expect a quick knock down, it needs time to be absorbed into the
plant and circulated through its tissues. Then more time for the mites
to suck up a lethal dose and more time for toxin to work.
The others have also given you some good cultural and identification
advice.
--
Rod

My real address is rodthegardeneratmyisp