Old 06-12-2006, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default newbie question on spider mites

On 5/12/06 14:11, in article
, "GH"
wrote:

I am battling spider mites on my houseplants. For the moment they seem
to have receded - last week I moved them out on the balcony (to lower
temperature and extend the reproduction cycle) and sprayed twice (3
days interval) with a different systemic insecticide (imidaclopride &
dicofol).

Ocasionally, I can still see one or two moving up or down a blade.

Can you advise me what to do to get rid of them?

Sounds an ideal case for biological control. We use it all the time here
and buy it in from commercial suppliers like Kopperts. It works and it
works well but you must not use any chemical sprays or lose your nerve! My
husband was one of the pioneers of this treatment in this country and he is
now in his 70s. So - look at this site and research some others:
http://www.defenders.co.uk/about_us.htm
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk