Old 06-12-2006, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Wollemi Pine

On 6/12/06 18:18, in article , "K"
wrote:

Sacha writes
On 6/12/06 17:14, in article , "K"
wrote:
snip
I know the copper beech which the church next door planted 8ft from our
house may have to go eventually, but meanwhile I am happy to see it
there and to get enjoyment from it. I'm not going to lose sleep because
it won't make it to maturity.

Weep! Of all things a copper beech - one of the most glorious things known
to mankind! BTW, does the church know this tree is not going to reach
maturity?

I presume so - they've pruned it back a bit this year because the
branches were crashing against our roof. Made a good job of it - it
still has a nice balanced shape.

Uhuh. Pruning it back a bit does not sound to me like people who have
accepted the eventual demise of a forest size tree as a next door neighbour.
It sounds to me like people who are going to hold onto that tree come hell
or high water. ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk