Old 06-12-2006, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd Kenni Judd is offline

Default Photo copyright violations - help!

J -- that's the problem. The pic is of no use to the grower selling
on-line, if it can't be posted ... but once posted, there is truly no way to
completely prevent piracy.

Personally, I don't worry so much about it. I know that many of my pics
have been pirated. I even saw one (hard copy) on the table of another
vendor, at a show a few years back. Boy, were they surprised when I said
(in person) "Hey, I recognize that picture!" Kenni

wrote in message
oups.com...

Basic lesson---NEVER post anything to the internet that you don't want
stolen.

There are a lot of folks who think they have the right to anything they
find on the net, a sort of inversion of the Marxist dictum that
"property is theft."

Short of a costly lawsuit, there's nothing definitive you can do to
stop them.

J. Del Col