Old 06-12-2006, 10:47 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gail Futoran[_1_] Gail Futoran[_1_] is offline

Default Sadly supporting moderation

"Köi-Lö" wrote in message

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
"Köi-Lö" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...

[snip]
How to handle differences of opinion should be addressed in the RFD.
I.e., how will moderators handle submissions they might personally
disagree with? How that is handled should be discussed when the RFD is
posted.

Your right Gale but it does no harm to bring some of these issues up for
people to mull over beforehand.

[snip]

I was not suggesting discussion should not take place here in rec.ponds. I
wanted to make sure people reading these posts understand that even if we
all come to an agreement here in rec.ponds, there remains a need to discuss
all the same issues when the RFD is posted in news.groups.proposals. When
that will be, I have no idea.

I also was attempting to emphasize that we should be thinking about what we
want RPM to look like (how it functions, posting guidelines, moderator
guidelines, etc.) so that when the RFD *is* posted, we'll have a good idea
of where we stand on various issues.

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003