Old 06-12-2006, 10:51 PM posted to rec.ponds
[email protected] n_cramerSPAM@pacbell.net is offline

Default Sadly supporting moderation

"Gail Futoran" wrote:
"Tristan" wrote in message

Oh so now Gail proposes to modify a post a person makes to make it
more acceptable.

Nope, I never said that.

As I understand the process, moderators would:
(1) let a submission be posted
OR
(2) return a submission to its author with an explanation of why the
submission is being rejected
OR
(3) return a submission to its author with a recommendation that, e.g.,
objectionable language be removed (by the author) and the submission be
returned revised (by the author) to be posted. I.e., that the poster
follow published guidelines about posting to rec.ponds.moderated (RPM).

In another moderated NG, soc.religion.islam, I have had posts returned. In
the first instance, it was because I used my above e-mail addy instead of
me true one. In that instance, two of the moderators went out of their way
to return my post, with a clear explanation of why. When I corrected my
e-mail addy, my message was posted as written. In the second instance, my
post was returned because it contained an excessive amount of quoted text
compared to new text. Again, after judicious snipping on my part, my
message was posted as written.

I appreciate the efforts of moderators, who all seem to be volunteers, in
the other moderated groups where I post, and anticipate that the same will
be the case with rec,ponds,moderated.

~Semper Fi~