Old 06-12-2006, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default what is the MOST toxic plant?

On 6/12/06 22:08, in article
, "judith lea"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
On 6/12/06 14:53, in article

Bats are pretty much soundless and *totally* harmless from your point of
view. We sit outside on summer evenings here, just to watch them and when
one got into our bedroom through an open window, our attempts to help it out
merely confused the poor thing. In the end, we turned off all the lights,
shut the door and left it to its own devices and it disappeared.

You have just guaranteed me another sleepless night, a vampire in the
bedroom! The windows are locked tight and suddenly the vermin seem the
lesser evil.

Tsk! The bats are more interesting and less harmful to you or your house,
than the vermin!

I would certainly suggest getting the vermin man in and you might like to
consider having a contract with them.

We do have this chap come in who has the contract for our district
council and we have to book him through their offices but we have to
pay, it's not a free service in private houses. The damage to the
insulation, last year, of the water pipes is enormous but on checking
this year, there has not been any activity until now - we bought some
more traps today - larger ones!

We pay for our vermin contract but it's a necessity in such a rural area and
where young plants are so attractive to mice and rats. They seem to be
quite active still and one of the family living close by has just borrowed
one of the nursery's bait boxes. However, today is a lot colder - and the
rain and gales have just returned - so all this busy dashing about by the
mice might be about to stop. I hope!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk