Old 07-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Dazzamancs Dazzamancs is offline
Registered User

Default Ivy growing in my trees

I am sure this has been asked a number of times, but I have just moved into a house with a large garden and to the rear there is 8 to 10 very large trees would say 3 times the height of a normal house.

About 4/5 of them have ivy on them which has grown up the trunk and from what I can see it has reached the crown on at least 2 of them. The trees were very green and leafy in the summer but I am unsure what to do with the Ivy.

I have read a number of sites which say leave it as it doesnt kill the tree and others that say remove it. Others say remove it when it reaches the crown but leave on the trunk but how am I going to do this when the crown is to high to reach ??

The trees have all lost their leaves now and the trees still look very green due to the everygreen ivy.

Any views. ??