Old 07-12-2006, 11:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
newsreader newsreader is offline

Default What is the best plant to grow in shade?

CoreyWhite wrote:
I need to know, because all year I've had a garden bed I made between a
few trees in my yard. And nothing will grow. I didn't realize how
important the sun actually is. But is there anything I can grow in my
garden?

Are you wanting to grow shrubs, perennials, annuals?

Do you want flowers, or just greenery?

My favorite shade shrub is pieris japonica. Very attractive, relatively
slow growing, pretty year round.
http://www.hort.uconn.edu/Plants/p/piejap/piejap1.html

Perennials could include hellebores,
http://www.hellebore.com/

Best flowering annual IMO are impatiences.