Old 07-12-2006, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Pronunciation

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Sacha" wrote
snip
I don't think it really matters very much at all
but oregano is such an Italian-food-associated herb that it's the one
that springs most easily to mind in terms of pronunciation. The thing
I find most disconcerting about American pronunciation is the use of
'erbs' for 'herbs'!

'Ere, 'Iggins - pass me an 'andful of those 'erbs.

In Ireland, a test of religion was supposedly to be asked what letter came
after G in the alphabet.
Catholics said Haitch and Protestants said Aitch
according to ironic urban legend.
In Italy or France I get called Misstehrrrr Iggins and in Spain I get called
Senor CCGGGHHHeeeeginns

--
Sue