Old 07-12-2006, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.private.neotoma.org is offline

Default FA: Great Horned Owl bird and pest control

On 7 Dec 2006 06:58:09 -0800 in om wrote:

Ray B wrote:
...just don't be a field mouse.

We have a family that has roosted in our yard for the 18 years we have lived
here. Ditto on a pair of red tailed hawks.

--

oh COOL-!

we have a couple sharpies that come by and try and snack on the doves
on my feeder (with occasional success-- eww) but i've never seen any
owls around here. heard 'em very rarely.

The parents have had a few owls (Don't remember the variety) that
have taken to roosting in a pine tree outside my dad's workshop.
My sister got curious and "dissected" a few of the owl pellets and
discovered that the were eating more crayfish than mice.

--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up