Old 07-12-2006, 08:18 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gail Futoran[_1_] Gail Futoran[_1_] is offline

Default Moderated rec.ponds

"DavidM" wrote in message
Gail Futoran wrote, On 06/12/2006 18:10:
This is a public service announcement:

Anyone who is interested in rec.ponds.moderated would
be well advised to do an advanced search on Google
groups and review the posts of those involved in the
rec.ponds discussion over the past two weeks or so to
decide for themselves the veracity of statements made.

Once you done an advanced search a couple of
times, you'll get the hang of it and can revise your
search based on criteria that interest you.

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

Hello, thanks for the reply, I'm not sure why my post required a public
service announcement.
I've been following the r.p.m discussions over the last few weeks so know
what is going on, I don't really want to google for every word written on
it because it is 90% nonsense and argument. What part of my post requires
a google advanced search, and is the veracity of my statements in
question?

David
rec.ponder since Feb 2002 (I pop back now and then to see if the trolls
have left)

--
DavidM
www.djmorgan.org.uk

My PSA *followed* your post in the thread, but was not in *response* to your
post. If you look at my "PSA" post, the only thing in there is my stuff,
nothing of yours, or anyone else's.

When someone responds to another person, they include what the OP (original
poster) wrote or some part of it and author identification, as above. But
anyone can post something "new" to an existing thread without specifically
responding to anyone else. That's how USENET
works.

Now, the reason I posted my "PSA" was to provide information for anyone new
to USENET or posting online who might not know there's an archive where
anyone can look up the previous posts, e.g., if someone missed an earlier
post and wants to look something up. Or check the veracity of statements.

For example, if I assert that you, DavidM, posted on rec.ponds that you
think rec.ponds should be removed from USENET, you would naturally disagree
that you ever said that, and anyone who wanted to know who was telling the
truth could go to Google groups archives to see if you ever said that or if
I'm blowing smoke.

There have been a fair amount of accusations made during the discussion in
the past two weeks where one person asserts another person posted something,
and the assertion was not true. Checking the Google archives is one way of
sorting out the truth.

I posted my "PSA" to two relevant threads, once each, and I won't do it
again. Basically, because I give up. ::shrug::

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003