Old 07-12-2006, 09:06 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tristan Tristan is offline

Default So how do I kill off a heron thats eating my koi

Well here is a typical usenet group answer. Give up the smokes so yo
can enjoy your pond and fish longer.....now for my view. Smoke em if
ya got em, and waste the heron so your fish live longer and yu can
enjoy them. Fish don't have a choice if they want to become food for a
heron but a human does have the choice to choose.......

Like I posted previously. given sufficient realestate for herons, its
not uncommon to see more thanone. I can take you to place here where
they are literally lined up along the shorelines.

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 21:07:30 +0000, Gill Passman
wrote:

Of course it is very difficult to tell one heron from another - they
look pretty much all the same to me (but don't tell this to the
politically correct crew that will say every bird is different - lol). I
guess I'm saying I've never seen more than one hunting in one location
at a time - and believe me working for a company with a strict non
smoking policy and needing to walk for one gave me more than ample
opportunity to observe the heron....

Gill
rec.pond lurker since Nov 2003 and very occassional poster - don't have
a pond at the moment just a great interest in them