Old 07-12-2006, 10:15 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman[_1_] Gill Passman[_1_] is offline

Default So how do I kill off a heron thats eating my koi

So maybe we have got, through sensible discussion, to the point that in
a commercial or large lake environment maybe shooting/killing is the
best option...on a smaller scale then the sculptures, sprays, nets and
fences will be the best option but it isn't the way to go on a large
scale environment....

I think this a great example of how moderation could kill a good
discussion or how good moderation can allow this type of post to get
through and generate an intelligent conversation.....it is to be hoped
that the moderators on the proposed rec.ponds.moderated can see that
even if a post starts off as being inflammatory it is still valid....and
sometimes I can see that playing devil's advocate by taking an unpopular
stance can provoke debate and discussion....this IMO is a good
thing....and actually the point that the OP wanted to
prove/discuss/bring out into the open...

I look forward to intelligent posts on this subject such as we are now
getting from all concerned....it gives me hope that this can continue....

Gill