Old 07-12-2006, 11:15 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_3_] Köi-Lö[_3_] is offline

Default Moderated rec.ponds

"DavidM" wrote in message
Gail Futoran wrote:
My PSA *followed* your post in the thread, but was not in *response* to
your
post. ... When someone responds to another person, they include what the
OP (original
poster) wrote or some part of it and author identification, as above.
But
anyone can post something "new" to an existing thread without
specifically
responding to anyone else. That's how USENET
works.

As far as I can see the only people here are those waiting for r.p.m, and
those that have ruined r.p over the last couple of years.

Few people are going to post here when they see the endless insulting
personal attacks and off-topic messages. There's the boring off-topic
anti-whatever rants they don't want to wade through. Many regulars are
gone - some for good I'm sure. Who can blame them? Once the group is
moderated the personal attacks and obscene messages will be a thing of the
past. If old timers don't come back, new people will join knowing *they*
wont have to fear being a target of mindless rambling off-topic personal
attacks.

Hopefully Big-8 will see through all the crap and give us r.p.mod. After
that, if it's not pond related, it does not matter.

If they take one look at this NG as it's been recently, they will see why it
needs to be moderated.

I posted my "PSA" to two relevant threads, once each, and I won't do it
again. Basically, because I give up. ::shrug::

And that's exactly what the trolls and MISSIONers want you to do!
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.