Old 08-12-2006, 02:04 AM posted to austin.gardening
jOhN jOhN is offline

Default Freesias?

oldhickory wrote:
I've got got some freesias I'd love to plant but the info I've found on the
internet ranges from plant now to plant after danger of last frost (obviouly
that would not be now) to indoors...to indoors and force them to you name
it.

Any input from anyone who's successfully grown freesias here. I'd hate to
waste them.

Thanks in advance!
ie

I've had them in the ground for several years and they don't like
freezing temps at all. The greenery burns down to the ground. In mild
winters I've ended up with some pretty good flowering (very attractive)
in the spring but it's a crap shoot if they are too exposed. I have a
couple of sheltered sun exposed spots I may transplant them to this year
to see if I can increase my success rate.

Good luck.