Old 08-12-2006, 05:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Pronunciation

"Martin" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:
"cineman" wrote in message

You say teenus, I say Tienus
You say tinus i say thank goodness for the English language,

and
weather, It is what keeps folks talking round here.

Now back to gardening,

Since the discussion is about a garden plant, I didn't think that

we
were discussing any thing other than gardening.

Then you won't be interested in this photo of Victoria burning :-)

Silly lad! Just because I can see a connection between the
pronunciation of a gardening plant and gardening, doesn't mean that
I'm not interested in other things as well :-))

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/New...es/SEAustralia
3_TMO_2006339_lrg.jpg

We went to the lower Snowy Mountains last weekend to do some trout
fishing and camped overnight in a State Forest in an inaccessible spot
down at the end of very rough dirt tracks that could ony be navigated
by 4x4. During the night we got the most amazing thunder and
lightening storm and the next morning the fire spotter plane came
overhead to locate the 18 fires which had been started by lightening.
The area where we camped would appear on the site you give (about due
west of the ACT outlined in fine black on that site).

Amazing site. Thanks for posting it. I think (from the very little
I've heard of these fires - been working when the news in on) that
Walhalla and Jamison in Vic are both in the rough line of these fires.