Old 08-12-2006, 07:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Wollemi Pine

On 8/12/06 07:02, in article
, "Farm1"
please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

snip
Have you ever noticed that it is the people who don't garden at all
who notice weeds? I find this constantly. When I visit friends
gardens, they are apologising for the weeds but I see right past the
weeds because I'm looking at it overall and not at the areas that need
attention.

Yes! I think people with a passion for plants often totally overlook the
weeds because they're so focused. OTOH, I think, too, that tolerance of
weeds in whatever quantity is down to the individual. I imagine that people
who are terribly tidy in their gardens are ditto in their houses. We're not
a particularly tidy family and in the garden are conscious that it's open
to the public so we have to keep it reasonably neat, especially in the areas
around the house and fishpond. But it's not a 'neat' garden in any sense
and neither of us like what are, to us, over groomed gardens. Others will
differ strongly and prefer plants in tidy rows etc.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk