Old 08-12-2006, 06:46 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman[_1_] Gill Passman[_1_] is offline

Default So how do I kill off a heron thats eating my koi

Gail Futoran wrote:

I use an invalid email address to post. It's obvious to any individual what
they need to do to send me email, but is that something we ought to be
asking moderators to do? I don't know the answer. I do know that if I
can't use a munged (I think that's the term) email addy when posting online
to minimize spam in my inbox, then I'm going to have to rethink posting
online, and I'd rather not do that.

As you can see I also use a munged address to post and for the exact
same reasons as you - in the main it works - occassionally I take a look
on the pop3 server to see what gets sent to this address and it is quite
horrendous....but on the otherhand the Moderators need to be able to
return a post to someone for editing if deemed necessary so some sort of
policy on the use of real, munged (but decipherable) or fake email
addresses.....I suppose a contentious post that comes to the attention
of the moderators but without any traceable email would just have to be
removed without giving the poster the option of amendment....but it
would need to be clear in the charter that this would happen....then
those using fake addresses would know exactly where they stand and that
without a valid email address there could not be any appeal on a
moderated post....

Just wittering....role on the publication of the RFD :-)

Gill