Old 08-12-2006, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews[_2_] Gill Matthews[_2_] is offline

Default Pronunciation

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"Gill Matthews" account I no longer have
wrote in message

Oh! Ours seems to have gone into hibernation in the palais de

hedgehog we
constructed for it

What does a hedgehog palace look like?

http://tinyurl.com/yf8kjp
or http://www.schwegler-nature.com/Hedgehog/index.htm

The Australian Echidna also has a spiny back and is a marsupial which
I think is pretty much unique to this region of the world. So what
family of animals does a hedgehog belong to?

=Erinaceinae from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedgehog

We occasionally get a hedgehog here in our city garden :~))

Yes something like the second pic and stuffed with confidential shreddings.
We would have used leaves but the bloody things didn't fall off the trees
until the torrential rain started when they came down in wet papier mache
format which didn't seem suitable. BTW we are thinking about transplanting
the Hedgehog to the allotment because our garden is small and traversing
between gardens is difficult round here because of the high brick walls
between them. We think the hedge hog got in the first place climbing up a
plank left by the builders. Does any one have any knowledge/experience of
hedgehog transplant?

Gill M