Old 09-12-2006, 07:48 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj[_1_] ~ janj[_1_] is offline

Default Bogus RFD rec.pond.moderated

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 09:20:22 -0500, Jayne Kulikauskas
wrote:

But the question hasn't been answered as to who does someone complain to if
that's not the case once it's created? Who has control over the moderators?

Nobody has control over moderators (although, in a team of moderators, they
can sometimes act as a check on each other). This why selection of
moderators is so important. One of the key tasks during the RFD is to
question moderators and reach a point where one trusts them enough to put
in this position.

The current group of mods all have minds of their own, not a one is going
to support something odd from another.

One just has to remember that when a mod passes something on it could be
seen as inflammatory if the posters involve decide to take offense at it.

So one has to ask themselves, when they feel the hair on the back of their
necks bristle, was this post really meant to offend me? I hope people will
do a double take that the moderators read it and didn't see it that way.
That the OP will take a step back, or copy & paste it to a friend to see if
being offended is even appropriate.

IOWs read a post over a few times to see if it really is offensive, or is
it just making a statement that should have been followed by appropriate
smileys. ;-) ~ jan