Old 09-12-2006, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default newbie question on spider mites

GH writes
I bought the Phytoseiulus in June when I had the first spider mite
invasion on the basil and French beans.

Were these indoors our outside? RSM isn't usually a problem outdoors.

Because we wanted to eat the
beans and the basil I only tried organic control methods - (planted
garlic in the pots, sprayed with stinging nettles and horsetail and
alternatively with soapy water; in the end as a last resort I bought
the Phytoseiulus and poured them over the soil).

They needed to be applied to the plant. They don't move very fast, so
need to be on the plant with the RSM, and will move to touching plants.
Did the supplier not supply directions? - if not, you need to change
supplier!

--
Kay