Old 10-12-2006, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Wollemi Pine

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote

I don't want fully pest free plants and never would for a number of
reasons - mainly (but not exclusively) birds - I have a husband who is
keen on birds (avian variety!). Every year I get aphids on my roses
but they are gone within a week because the Superb Blue Wrens clean
them up totally.
http://birdsinbackyards.net/finder/display.cfm?id=3

WOW - pretty :~))

I can sit on my back verandah watching these tiny birds cleaning up
the aphids with no fear at all from we humans. I can see no reason to
cause myself work by dragging out a nasty to spray to kill the aphids
if these wonderful little birds are doing the work for me and giving
me entertainment at the same time.

I also have a lot of "Blue tongue Lizards" and skinks in my garden and
these eat snails but are poisoned by snail bait. They give me a shock
every now and then when I see then because I sometimes mistake them
for snakes but they too are more than welcome. They are preyed on by
the raptor family and I get to see them too.

I think of my garden in a titheing sense. Some for me and some for
the insects, small vertibrates and birds. I won't have kangaroos in
the garden though. they are not tolerated.

Lizards, skinks, raptors (!!!)................

Do you have some pictures of your garden to share with us ??

Jenny