Old 10-12-2006, 02:23 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman[_1_] Gill Passman[_1_] is offline

Default Attn: true rec.ponders -brief update for 12-3 -from george

Strategos wrote:

That is what Carol does, and will be blocked. However You raised a
concern, If Carol is Derek, then Carol is a moderator.
Derek should step down as a moderator from the group.

I have never seen anything to suggest that Derek is Carol from my time
lurking on this newsgroup.....

There is a fundemental difference between holding the principle that
people's posting habits are their own affair and people's personal
posting habits being forced on others who have no interest in the
subject on hand.....(via cross-posting, off-topic posts or whatever
other means are used).....and this applies to anyone who does this not
just one or two individuals....there is also a point where someone has
to take responsibility for their posting habits if they are impacting
the freedom of others to discuss freely the topics of interest in a
specific group. This does not necessarily mean that a person who posts
on other, and maybe controversially, groups should be banned from an
unrelated group - merely that they should keep their own house in order
and respect the rights of others to post in peace...

Gill