Old 10-12-2006, 02:47 PM posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.repair
JWBH JWBH is offline

Default metal garden sheds and laying concrete

"Joe" wrote in message

"JWBH" wrote in message
news
argos are selling, maintenance free resin coated 'ship lap' style
galvanised steel sheds 3.03 metres by 2.37 metres for £400. i have been
told that the quality of most wooden sheds are very poor (not like the
ones you see already erected in the garden centres) which you only
discover when all the wood arrives at your house.

i would like to know, do these steel sheds come with their own flooring?
(the argos catalogue does not say). if not, i guess we would need some
concrete laid down; which as a 'novice' and retired would be a bit too
much for me.

does any one have experience of these metal sheds please, i.e. the good
and bad points and what to watch out, if anything? and is there anyway
around laying a concrete base? thanks

About ten years ago I bought a metal shed, not from B&Q I might add. It
came with a shuttering ply floor. The sub floor I did was sand and slabs.
Worked just great, always dry as a bone, nothing has shifted. Much better
that timber. I keep all my camping equipment in it. Never a problem.
Hope this helps.
Cheers. Joe

yes thanks. not from b and q. ? if its a good shed with a floor, where did
you buy yours please? surprised you can keep things like tents in a garden
shed. i always assumed it was too damp for ours and end up dragging them
into the loft.