Old 10-12-2006, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default yew attack

"Muddymike" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 10/12/06 12:23, in article
, "Muddymike"
wrote:
separate it into a smaller pile for lighting then feed the rest on.

That
job
can wait a few months when it should be nicely dried out.

Er, logs for fire or sell to someone who sells logs for fires?
--

I am one step ahead of you on that one, we have a woodburning stove of our
own and apart from the massive pile of branches for the bonfire I also

have
40 to 50 X 3 to 4 ft long, log sized lengths stacked next to the air raid
shelter. Yes our garden contains a brick built semi subterranean air raid
shelter. We did not know it was there when we bought the house and only
discovered it when I decided to clear a big mound covered in ivy.

Surprise,
surprise, the big mound had a door and steps leading down to an 8 ft

square
room.

Just been down there and retrieved the winter wheels for the Subaru so

that
my dearly beloved stands a better chance of getting to work over the next
few months as the weather here seems to be getting somewhat colder.

Mike

If you know any one with a lathe offer them some , my father has recycled
our yews into salt and pepper mills, egg cups and some rather nifty pens!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk