Old 10-12-2006, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts David WE Roberts is offline

Default Catkins on the trees.

Hi,

I have noticed that a lot of trees near where I work have catkins on them.

I thought that this was a late winter/early spring thing normally.

Googling suggests that some trees do have catkins in winter but I don't
remember this many in previous years (but then again my memory isn't what
it Thursday?)

I also saw a butterfly zoom part yesterday, which again seems unusual.

Are we seriously out of synchronisation with the seasons?

And if so, with the frosts starting, is everything in for an unpleasant
shock?

Cheers

Dave R