Old 10-12-2006, 08:20 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman[_1_] Gill Passman[_1_] is offline

Default Bogus RFD rec.pond.moderated

~ janj wrote:

It could be consider inflammatory, yet it doesn't call anyone any nasty
names. I'd have to pass it, but than would *I*, as a moderator, be
considered bias because the above poster just happens to agree with
me? ~ jan

IMO you should post it if you become a moderator....part of an ongoing
discussion with valid points - I don't actually see this as inflammatory
- just disagreeing with the comments being made....and there are no
insults contained within - just a difference of opinion.....Sameways if
I posted this on the same topic I would expect it to get posted (and I
don't need to own a pond to do so)

It easy to argue that a certain type of food produces large and fat
fish...but then again you can look at a human fed on junk food all of
their life - large and fat - healthy I very much doubt it....but then
again it will depend on the quality of the "inappropiate food" being
fed....if it is designed to produce well nourished puppies and kitties
then maybe it will not cause fish to become obese but potentially is
missing essential nutrients for the species of creature you are feeding
and so therefore not suitable - the nutritional requirements of all are
different but generally we tend to make this decision based on species
- one creatures good is another creatures bad....my fish don't get my
cat food - my cat sure enjoys any spilt fish food....I'm not about to
start feeding either on food nutritienly made up for either (and it has
to be said it would get well expensive feeding my cat on fish food -
volume speaks for itself) - manufactured feeds are designed for the
animal/creature in question.....

I don't need to have a pond to make this post - it's still on-topic and
contains no attacks....

Gill