Old 11-12-2006, 03:58 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj[_1_] ~ janj[_1_] is offline

Default Definition of a rec.pond member - on topic/off topic

This of course is where the definition of acceptable and unacceptable
off-topic posts treads a fine line. I quite enjoyed the "swimming dog"
post and would almost certainly also enjoy a post about "koi and a boat"
- here it comes down to personal preferences and
personalities....afterall these type of "off-topic" posts can easily be
skimmed over by those not interested but enjoyed by those who like a bit
of "banter" as well as the serious stuff (sorry if banter is an English
phrase - I'll translate if requested) - and on a happy group this can
certainly be accommodated....
Gill

Exactly. RPM will encourage interesting banter. :-) And as long as the dog
isn't cussing out, demeaning & insulting the frogs, it will pass. ~ jan