Old 11-12-2006, 03:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Default String Trimmer Recommendation

restrorob wrote:

Oscar_Lives Wrote:
YardMan and TroyBilt are junk.

Get a Stihl. Mine runs great and is tough as nails. Starts on second
pull
every. Had it four years and never in the shop.

I have to agree here, Working for a Stihl dealer and servicing other
brands shows Stihl is the only way to go it you want ease of starting
and durability.

--
restrorob

no need to bad mouth Stihl since I own and use their BR400, HS45,
HT101, SH85 and all are very well made to take the all day use and
tough jobs I can toss at them. I bought these tools back in the year
2003 and 2004. in 10 years, if they continue to preform as they have,
I'll be able to say they have stood the test of time and endurance.
currently the only tool in my lawn care business I can say has stood
the test of time and endurance is at this time going to be the
Shindaiwa T260 string trimmer. bought the T260 back in 1994 on a
friends recommendation and have not for one split second regretted it.

btw - guess who is now building engines for Stihl?