Old 11-12-2006, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default A tip, for what it's worth

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Lizzie" wrote ...
Thanks for that! Bl***** freezing here already (900 ft in Perthshire!)
so anything that might keep me a bit warmer - other flitting to the med
for a few months - is great by me.

By January last year I'd resorted to shoving a hot water bottle down my
jacket. OK, looked a bit strange but it worked. If we can solve the
problem of cold ears and noses as well (hopefully without looking toooo
odd), it'll be great.

Get a "Balaclava" or "Buff" from a good (internet) outdoor shop...
http://www.gaynors.co.uk/ check out accessories
(I've had superb service from them, ordered a jacket on Sunday evening
arrived here the other end of the country on Tuesday morning.)

In Berlin while in the RAF back in the 50/60s we used earmuffs for the
ears, rather like headphones but an ear cover instead of "mini
speakers". The noses just stayed cold. :-(