Old 11-12-2006, 02:07 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tristan Tristan is offline

Default Bogus RFD rec.pond.moderated

Right on Gail. No matter if yu have a poind or not Gill. Heck we (all
us ponders) will help ya get one under way when your ready....you show
more than sufficient interestin ponds and fish, than even some of the
so called die hard poinders do, and are a real asset to this group no
matter what knowledge yu may have. Questions builds a knowledebase,
and thats what this group needs more than trying to justify anyhtng to
an inept frugal ponder named Carol. You'll never teach her anything
anyhow and no amount of proof would ever meana thing to her either so
its all wasted time and effort.

Regards!

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 01:16:42 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
. ..
~ janj wrote:

It could be consider inflammatory, yet it doesn't call anyone any nasty
names. I'd have to pass it, but than would *I*, as a moderator, be
considered bias because the above poster just happens to agree with me?
~ jan

IMO you should post it if you become a moderator....part of an ongoing
discussion with valid points - I don't actually see this as inflammatory -
just disagreeing with the comments being made....and there are no insults
contained within - just a difference of opinion.....Sameways if I posted
this on the same topic I would expect it to get posted (and I don't need
to own a pond to do so)

It easy to argue that a certain type of food produces large and fat
fish...but then again you can look at a human fed on junk food all of
their life - large and fat - healthy I very much doubt it....but then
again it will depend on the quality of the "inappropiate food" being
fed....if it is designed to produce well nourished puppies and kitties
then maybe it will not cause fish to become obese but potentially is
missing essential nutrients for the species of creature you are feeding
and so therefore not suitable - the nutritional requirements of all are
different but generally we tend to make this decision based on species -
one creatures good is another creatures bad....my fish don't get my cat
food - my cat sure enjoys any spilt fish food....I'm not about to start
feeding either on food nutritienly made up for either (and it has to be
said it would get well expensive feeding my cat on fish food - volume
speaks for itself) - manufactured feeds are designed for the
animal/creature in question.....

I don't need to have a pond to make this post - it's still on-topic and
contains no attacks....

Gill

Gill, I'm not sure why you appear to be harping on that last point. I and
others have said repeatedly the only thing we care about in a moderated
newsgroup is that posts be on topic, reasonably off topic, no flames, no
abuse, no irrelevant cross-posting.

I've read your posts here and in several of the aquaria newsgroups. You are
a poster I am comfortable reading and responding to because you've never
flamed me or done anything else that caused me to distrust you.

What does it matter whether or not you have a pond? It doesn't matter to
me, it doesn't matter to rec.ponders I've read over the years.

Gail

-------