Old 11-12-2006, 02:24 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tristan Tristan is offline

Default Bogus RFD rec.pond.moderated

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 02:02:44 GMT, ~ janj wrote:

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:17:53 -0600, Tristan
wrote:

Arbitrarily buying a bag of "___________" and feeding it to anyhtng is
sure a scientific study for sure. No control no documentation to base
so called findings on, and its all speculation. More to saying the
fish look good and got fat and grew fast...certainly more to it than
that........Your methods of running a test is not even close to being
substantial in any findings you think you have discovered......You
just saved somne moeny is all you did and the fish more than likely
gained nothing but a full belly of junk food.

Now this is a good example moderators. Would we allow this post?

That's hard to say since Roy will disagree with anything I post here. There
are plenty of pictures of my fish on my website. Do they look like sick
balloons? If they were so bad off on such poor food why do they look so
healthy and lay eggs well into summer? Take another look at them on my
site. :-) I get no returns and no complaints form those who have bought
fish from me these past 5 years. :-)))

Yea right, this statement just goes to show that there are suckers
born every minute without a clue as to how to actually select decent
fish, and what to look for. If it was not true than places like Petco
and Petsmart would not exist since they seemto be able to sellfish
with ich and other fugla diseases, so why should Carol not be able to
slide in amaong all those idiots looking for a "Cheap" koi or GF as
well....A cheap koi is, well just that CHEAP.....then agaiun some
folks do not need a top line of fish either, but there is always a
better place to buy than a back yard breeder out to save a buck or
petco.

It could be consider inflammatory, yet it doesn't call anyone any nasty
names. I'd have to pass it, but than would *I*, as a moderator, be
considered bias because the above poster just happens to agree with
me? ~ jan

As I recall he once agreed with me that the expensive feeds were not
necessary, but I don't think I have it archived. Ok,... then what would you
do with my message pointing out how healthy my fish were on the cheaper
foods? How overrun with fry we are most of the time? Or how flawed so much
of the research is these days?
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

All of those would have gone thru on my watch, no matter how repetitious I
thought they were. ~ jan

-------