Old 11-12-2006, 05:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Bogus RFD rec.pond.moderated

Zëbulon wrote:

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
Zëbulon wrote:

Any long departed rec.ponder would not be the best choice as a moderator
since they were not here to know what happened on this group over the
past two years. And I doubt they'd be willing to dig through hundreds,
many thousands of messages to make sense of it all.

As we (well most people) seem to be agreed that any moderation should be
done on content and not personality or past posting history

We'll see how this works out. Seems someone's already dumpster-dived the
NYM Zebulon to see where else I may have posted. If past history and the
fact a rec.pond poster may be posting to a "GASP" group the *potential*
moderators don't "approve" of is already being done.... well, you get the
point. ;-)

What point is that? Carol, we _know_ you post to other groups and it's a
safe bet that many people don't approve of what you post there. So what?
You will _not_ be able to post to any irrelevant groups at the same time
you post to rec.ponds.moderated. Do _you_ get the point?
--
derek