Old 23-03-2003, 10:32 PM
David

Default Advice please Leylandii hedge / hawthorne part 2

In article , bnd777
writes
You clearly forget that when you are unfortunate enough to gain a neighbour
who causes trouble you have to declare it when you try to sell
That alone puts off buyers or reduces the price to an impossible level
As for cutting the things down if we did the fine for 56 of them would be
enormous .......last published court case was £50,000 in costs etc for
simply trimming back a load of trees
and all he would do is plant a load more

You have to declare any neighbour disputes, a potential buyer may not
have the same problem with the Leylandii that you have.

Can you point me towards this £50,000 fine? usually these cases aren't
as black and white as they may seem. You could always consult a
solicitor and see what they think you would get for a bit of illegal
pruning, in these enlightened times a court might be sympathetic to your
case. Have you considered suing your neighbour?
--
David