Old 11-12-2006, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Wollemi Pine

"JennyC" wrote
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote

Lizards, skinks, raptors (!!!)................

You forgot the snakes :-)) Amazing critters but I wish they'd go
elsewhere - mind you, even they need water too these days.

You should see the "real" birds we can see here - by this I mean the
Wedge Tailed Eagles that soar overhead on the thermal currents. These
are truly magnificent - bigger then the American Eagle and always
being chased by magpies which look like tiny specks when they get up
close to the Eagles (our magpies are black and white but not the same
as the British ones).

Do you have some pictures of your garden to share with us ??

Unfortunately I don't and to be honest, no-one would want to see it in
it's current sad state. 6 years of drought and we are now making
decisions about what we are going to save if things keep going the way
they are. We've decided it must be the trees as we won't be able to
grow them again to the current height in our lifetime. The roses will
survive being as tough as old boots, as will my named irises but
anything else will have to just have to take its chances. We are now
in the process of building a shade house as I suspect that I may have
to take things out of the garden and put them in pots. I'm watering
the rose bed which has 50-70 roases in it and other plants and I'm
trying to keep a few veg going (corn, tomatoes, rhubarb, cucumber,
zucchini, chard, pak choi and a few salad greens and herbs) but beyond

Bloody depressing.

How hot is it ??
When did you last have any rain?
jenny