Old 11-12-2006, 07:18 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tristan Tristan is offline

Default Bogus RFD rec.pond.moderated

Ahhhhhhhhh, just because you elected to uyse a quck doctor is not a
resaon to lose fatih in research. Or decide to go organic or
holistic.....you sure were not all that smart in those choices were
yu carol. There is far more folks alive due to research and real
medicine than there are that survived by holistic and organic crap.

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:04:55 -0600, Zëbulon
wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Zëbulon wrote:

So it's illogical that past research was so poor they gave unsuspecting
women HRT until NEW research proved it was causing so many more cases of
breast cancer they stopped the new research?

====================================
No, it's illogical to say that "research is bad" and that you can't learn
anything from "further research"

- especially when as an example you're
talking about what was proven with _further_ research.

==================================
That is not what I meant Derek. I can't seem to make myself clear. :*(
Research is necessary and I realize that. But research done yesterday,
claiming what is GOOD for us may be superseded by even NEWER research
tomorrow disproving these truths. Meanwhile, how many people were harmed
taking the research as gospel? Knowing what one researcher claims can be
disproved by different researcher, why take it as gospel? How do we know
"which" research was well done and is RIGHT, is safe to take seriously?
Suddenly what was good for us yesterday, they now know kills or harms us.
IOW, what was TRUE yesterday may be proven to be poor or bad research
tomorrow - like the trans-fats and hormone issue. How on earth can that be
explained? Why couldn't they see this the first time around? That's why I
have little faith in most research now. I know what I believe *today* can
be blown out of the water tomorrow. Sorry,... maybe I need to make myself
clearer when I post. :-)

--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.