Old 11-12-2006, 09:27 PM posted to rec.ponds
Zebulon Zebulon is offline

Default So how do I kill off a heron thats eating my koi

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Zëbulon wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message

Not a problem, I think. If every email has to be valid (if they want
moderated posts returned) the software should be able to mung the email
addresses.

Why have the person's email address show at all? Surely the software can
be set to eliminate e-mail addresses or mung them to the point of being
useless to spam-bots and trolls.

I could have sworn I just said that...

There has to be _something_ in the address line, or it's not a valid news
message according to the RFC (I think - I could be wrong). It certainly
doesn't have to be usable. For the record, I was thinking of
converting 'Derek ' to 'Derek xxx@xxx'. Keeping
the
alias used by the poster is convenient because most of us have software
that uses that for the salutation, and it's user selectable anyway, so if
you don't want your own name there it won't be.
--
derek

I for one would like to keep my e-mail address private in some way. I'm
sure that question will come up at the right time and will be answered for
us.
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.