Old 12-12-2006, 12:18 AM posted to rec.ponds
[email protected] n_cramerSPAM@pacbell.net is offline

Default Bogus RFD rec.pond.moderated

"Gail Futoran" wrote:
"Tristan" wrote in message
wrote:

snip lots of good and lots of trashy unsubstantiated junk

Please watch attributions. I (Gail) did NOT write what
follows immediately:
[ . . . ]
I strongly recommend, under rec.ponds.moderated
moderation policies, that any post submitted without
correct attributions be returned to sender. IMO
deliberately removing attributions, making it look as
though someone wrote something they did NOT write,
is the same as an attack, and attacks would not be
allowed under the most lenient of moderation policies.
If the sender wishes to correct the attributions and
resubmit the post, assuming content fits guidelines,
the post would be passed.

I would be interested in what others think of that idea.

There is much to be said for that. I don't keep records, so without
attribution, I don't know who said what. When I reply to a post, I
try to leave all of the prior posters intact and rely on readers being
able to read the number of indents "" to sort out the source of unsnipped
text. But I'm not too old to change.

~Semper Fi~