Old 11-12-2006, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Wollemi Pine

"JennyC" wrote in message
"JennyC" wrote
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote

Do you have some pictures of your garden to share with us ??

Unfortunately I don't and to be honest, no-one would want to see

it in
it's current sad state. 6 years of drought and we are now making
decisions about what we are going to save if things keep going the

way
they are. We've decided it must be the trees as we won't be able

grow them again to the current height in our lifetime. The roses

will
survive being as tough as old boots, as will my named irises but
anything else will have to just have to take its chances. We are

now
in the process of building a shade house as I suspect that I may

have
to take things out of the garden and put them in pots. I'm

watering
the rose bed which has 50-70 roases in it and other plants and I'm
trying to keep a few veg going (corn, tomatoes, rhubarb, cucumber,
zucchini, chard, pak choi and a few salad greens and herbs) but

beyond
that..........

Bloody depressing.

How hot is it ??

Yesterday it was 39 degrees C and this is just the start of summer -
much worse to come yet. Today is a glorious 14 degrees C so I'm
taking advantage of that and gardening today.

When did you last have any rain?

15 November - 3 mms - total of 30 mms for the month of Nov, total of 2
and a half mms for the month of October. The worst thing is the hot
dry winds. I don't think the winds have dropsped for more than a
couple of days since spring (October) of 2005..