Old 23-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Kirra

Default wish list was Burgundy Iceberg

"Radika Kesavan" wrote in message
I have not so far heard of Blushing Pink Iceberg, though my Brilliant
Pink Iceberg constnatly throws out canes bearing blooms which look like
this.

Several people have mentioned Brilliant Pink Iceberg so I'm wondering if I
should add it to my wish list as well.

I'm still compiling my wish list, it's about 10 so far, and then I'll
narrow down to five before I order ... maybe six ...

What is on your current list?

Well, I have bought five large pots to go down the side of the house. The
space isn't large but the pot idea is to get the roses closer to the sky and
out of shadow from the house and fence - not to mention I can take the pots
with me if we move. So because I have five places I want to get at least one
each of striped, OGR or Austin, and one that will last well as a cut flower.
Also because this spot will not get early morning sun I would prefer most to
be disease resistance to black spot in our humid climate but I am willing to
accept one or two divas.

Striped - Scentimental, Oranges&Lemons (not sure if I can get this in
Australia) or one of the other McGredy striped roses
OGR/Austin - Heritage, Evelyn or Chaucer
Cut Flower - Fragrant Cloud, Tropicana, Mary Delahunty
Generic - Stephen's Big Purple, Brilliant Pink Iceberg, Burgundy Icebeg, Old
Master, Granada - has anyone not been enticed by Shiva's photos

For out the front so not counted in the five - Cecile Brunner (I have three
cuttings that I "acquired" while walking the other week. If they take I
won't need to buy it). I'm also considering Tamora since it is apparently
smaller and could fit in a smaller pot out the back so also wouldn't need to
be counted in five :-)