Old 12-12-2006, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ornata Ornata is offline
Registered User

Default Suggestions of gardening books for Christmas?

Alan Holmes wrote:
"Cat(h)" wrote in message
s.com...
Have you experts, enlightened amateurs, and fellow-gardening
pedestrians, any recommendation for what might make a good Christmas
present for a person who likes gardening, but is not an expert?
Thank you in advance!

Try looking in the charity shops, my wife has recently bought a number of
very good books at a very cheap price.

Alan

Cat(h)

That's a good tip - I've bought a number of gardening books, in really
good condition, from my local charity shop, and that's in a not
particularly affluent part of south London, so I imagine the hunting
must be even better in more salubrious areas.

Another tip, if you're intending to buy books for somebody, is to
consider not just the beautifully illustrated large-format books but
also well-written paperbacks. You can take them anywhere and also read
them in bed without risk of injury! Beth Chatto has books in
paperback, as does Graham Stuart Thomas.