Old 12-12-2006, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] abdul.ahad@ntlworld.com is offline

Default How much oxygen do plants give off?

Rod wrote:

Dunno about on line but on paper look for anything by James Lovelock,
his writings are cogent and readable and his scientific credentials
impeccable. He is one of the first scientists to view this planet in a
holistic way and to recognise that the whole of the earth acts as a
system with many feedback loops such that nothing can happen on the
earth or in the atmosphere - biological or geological without
affecting the environment in many and complex ways.
Likewise Lynn Margoulis for a bit more in depth on cell biology and
evolution.
--
Rod

Thanks. Professor Lovelock's work does sound very interesting and I am
familiar with the Gaia theory. What needs to happen to avert the
current mass extinction that's gripped our planet? Can't remember the
name of that new BBC series by David Attenborough ("Exctinctioned"? or
something). It had me thinking for a few days.

Have you seen it?

AA
http://www.myspace.com/aa_spaceagent