Old 12-12-2006, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Olives

On 12/12/06 18:34, in article
, "Steve J"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
As to seeing it in its maturity, I can only say 'think positive'. ;-)

You mean that Global warming will accelerate the growth rate of the
incipient tree?

Of course. And then the tooth fairy will be able to perch in it, along with
all those flying pigs. ;-)

:-)

Thanks, I knew I could rely on you!

But naturally!
Actually, they're lovely trees with that beautifully coloured foliage so
even the youngsters have much to be said for them. As a footnote to this,
Ray insisted on trying one of our olives. I did try to warn him......
It took a lot of gurning and at least two big glasses of water to assist his
recovery! He's not much given to hyperbole but I believe the words "truly"
and "foul" did cross his lips.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk