Old 13-12-2006, 03:37 AM posted to aus.gardens
Liam Liam is offline

Default Kangaroo Paw: Bush Gem problem

"Cynthia" wrote in message
Several of the new flowers on my Bush Gem have cream-coloured crumbly tops
to the flowers where they were once red. It covers about 3/5 of the flower
starting at the tip and stopping a little short of the base of the flower
head.

This white section has completely come away on several flowers, making
them look as though they've been snipped down to a butt and leaving a
narrow white ring on the rim of each severed flower.

I had been watering them fairly lightly before and recently decided to
change to deep heavier watering. Could it be a water issue or is it
something else?

The new set of flowers which have replaced the first set (which were there
when I bought the plants), are much smaller that the original set, with
fewer buds on each stem.

Cynthia.

There is some good info at the website of the people that developed the new
varieties he

http://www.ramm.com.au/plantcat.php?category=5
http://www.ramm.com.au/doco/categori...b40cb6fd81.pdf

Liam.