Old 13-12-2006, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default vegetable plants

jellyfish wrote:
hi guys,
id really like to grow peas in my garden this summer but due
to work commitments i dont really have the time to bring them on
indoors to be planted out and ive been looking around online for a
supplier that delivers baby plants that are ready to go into the
garden, i have found sites that do other vegetables but not peas in
plant form..is there a reason for this? and more importantly does
anyone know of a supplier online i can order a few from?...thx in
advance

I've never ever sowed peas in pots nor do I know someone who does and
the only peas I've seen in pots were those my kids did at school )
Peas are easy and perhaps that's the only reason for not finding them
the shops as plants.

Sow directly into the ground in March 15/20cm apart, on both sides of a
net held with canes or use twigs or canes tho I prefer a net. Make sure
you have either a scarecrow or hang bags, cds, silver paper etc. on
canes along your rows to scare of the birds. Are you on a lotty? On
ours we've got cats so rodents have never been seen. Some people cover
their seeds in parafin to deter them ... I've never done anything else
beside using Edward Twiggerhands our scarecrow which I move about the
plot throughout the year.

Here's a fine selection of seeds. Good luck.

http://www.organiccatalog.com/catalog/