Old 13-12-2006, 03:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Joaquin Tall Joaquin Tall is offline

Default string trimmer features

wrote:
I want to buy a string trimmer (gas) for my husband for Christmas. I
don't really know much about them. My dad has an Echo SRM 260S and
loves it, but he has 20 acres to trim. We have a small suburban yard,
but plan to have more land eventually. I want to get him something
good that will last for a long time, but I'd like to keep it as close
to $200 as possible. I need recommendations on brands and features!
I've been told that Echo and Stihl are the best, but they both have so
many options! How many cc's? 2 or 4 cylinder? straight shaft or
curved? Please help!

If you have just a small suburban yard, you may just want to pick up an
electric weed whip.

Go to your local library and look up "string trimmers", in the back
issues of the latest issue of Consumer Reports.